This meme was bestowed upon me by my blogging buddy Mike.
The object is simple. Answer the following questions about Christmas as it pertains to you and then pass it on to seven friends.
1. Wrapping or gift bags?
I suck at wrapping gifts. Gift bags for the win!
2. Real or artificial tree?
Real trees are great because of the smell, and the fun of going an picking one out. It makes Christmas feel more Christmas-y. The downside is that they dry up and catch your house on fire. Kinda takes away that Christmas feeling. We use an artificial tree at my house.
3. When do you put up the tree?
The wife puts it up the day after Thanksgiving. (Usually)
4. When do you take the tree down?
The day after Christmas.
5. Do you like egg nog?
Not only no, but HELL NO!
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
That would probably have to be a Nintendo Entertainment System. (I am a fan of Hinkley lighting now.)
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Someone gave me a baby doll as a gag gift when I was just a wee lad. I opened it, and became a very pissed wee lad.
9. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Email. Save a tree.
10. Favorite Christmas Movie?
A Christmas Story. ( I had to agree with Mike on this one.)
11. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Pickled eggs… lol.
13. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Clear lights that don’t flash please.
14. Favorite Christmas song(s)?
O’ Come Let Us Adore Hime – Spanish version. I learned the Spanish version in elementary school, and have like it ever since. Don’t really know why…
15. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
The wife and I are starting our own tradition this year. And that would be staying at home.
16. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Nope, I just tried.
17. Angel on the tree top or a star?
18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning?
A little on Christmas Eve, and the finale on Christmas Morning.
19. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Christmas Carols over and over and over and over and …..
20. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color?
21. What do you leave for Santa?
I figure that he gets enough stuff from everyone else. He doesn’t need mine.
22. Least favorite holiday song?
Most all of them.
23. Favorite ornament?
24. Family tradition?
Nope, no tradition. The wife and I are going to try and create our own.
25. Ever been to Midnight Mass or late-night Christmas Eve services?
Yea, I belive that I have been there when I was young.
I will tag Jos, Kermit, Colleen, Mr. Fab, Mystarbucks, Kat, Elena, Mellowed Blues, Ruthie, Jim L, and Canucklehead.
I know, that is more than seven, but it’s almost Christmas!
6 thoughts on “A Christmas Meme”
Gee thanks Bucky – I don’t know if the tag is supposed to be a gift or coal but I’ll give it my best.
Happy holidays and all the best. Cheers!
Thanks for the tag! I have done my duty, in a typically curmudgeonly way. 😈
Pickled eggs? Pickled eggs are a Christmas food where you come from?
They are not food period where I come from 😳
Think of it as coal, but gift wrapped. 🙂
Not necessarily a Christmas food, but I always convince someone to make me picked eggs for Christmas. I absolutely love the things…lol.
On my way to read it.
LOL at #21. That’s pretty much how I feel, buddy 😛