1. Any Shape watermelon can work. Pick one that’s right for your table.
2. Cut a thin slice from the bottom.
3. Draw the outlines for your image.
4. Use a sharp knife or decorating tool to cut along the lines of your pattern. Cut all the way through the rind when cutting the top portion that will be cut away.
5. Be careful to leave enough melon for stability.
6. Use a spoon to hollow it out.
7. To remove the top section, first cut it into quarters.
8. Hollow the melon and trim the features so they are not too thick.
9. You can use a melon baller to remove the remaining melon.
10. Fill with approx. 1 cup of fruit salad, depending on the size of the melon. Serve remaining fruit salad in another bowl.
11. Buy yourself some term life insurance.