Original Post Here — Mirrored @ The West Virginia Blogger
I wanted to mirror this here because I can see from the weblogs that a lot of people are still using IE6. I’m sure that they have their reasons, but if a non-genuine XP is the reason, fear not!
Internet Explorer 7.0 is the long awaited tabbed web browser by Microsoft. Nearly four years after the release of Internet Explorer 6.0, in the face of growing competition from Mozilla’s Firefox, Microsoft has finally given the old IE platform a facelift. Optimized design along with new cool interface, favorites centre, search box, RSS feeds and most importantly easy to use tabbed browsing are the exclusive features of this new internet explorer.
You must have Windows XP Service Pack-2 (SP2) in order to install Internet Explorer 7.0. But still you will face a problem while installing this new Internet Explorer if your copy of Windows XP is not a genuine (non-pirated) one, since IE 7.0 installation requires genuine windows validation!!! So what to do??? Don’t worry… There are some tricky steps through which you can install IE 7.0 even in your pirated copy of windows XP bypassing the genuine windows validation. You just have to follow the following steps one by one:
- Download Internet Explorer 7.0 installer from the Microsoft site. You have to choose Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) as your operating system. Remember you can’t install IE 7.0 if service pack 2.0 is not installed in your operating system. And if you are facing genuine windows validation problem while downloading IE7 installer from the Microsoft site, can also download this installer alternatively from here or directly from here.
- Extract the downloaded Internet Explorer setup file (IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe) using WinRAR to a directory (IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu).
- Download the patched iecustom.dll and then copy-paste it to the update folder (IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu\update\) and click yes when asked to overwrite.
- Now, download normaliz.exe . Then copy this exe file and paste it in your “c:\” drive.
- Run ‘update.exe’ in the update folder (not iesetup.exe!!!). At the end, you have to choose ‘Restart Later’ (not Restart Now) option to finish the running process of the exe file.
- Now you have to download normaliz.dll and then copy-paste it to “c:\windows\system32\” directory (in order to prevent problems with the file not being found after the installation). And then reboot/restart your pc.
- After rebooting your pc, you may face a problem with a file called normaliz.dll that can not be found by explorer.exe. If you’re having this problem, you will find your desktop blank. If you are not facing this problem then just go to step 8. In order to fix this problem, you have to do the following things one by one:
- Press ctrl-alt-del to go to the task manager.
- Go to “File -> New Task (Run…)” in the task manager.
- Type: ‘C:\normaliz.exe’ (excluding quotation marks) in the ‘open’ field and then press the ‘ok’ button.
- ‘WinZip Self-Extractor – normalize.exe’ window should popped up and then press the ‘unzip’ button.
- Reboot your pc and yahoo!!! now you can see your desktop contents!!!.
- Now you have to run ‘xmllitesetup.exe’ in the update folder. This step is very important, because somehow if you forget to run this ‘xmllitesetup.exe’ , IE 7.0 will be installed in your PC without it’s toolbar!!!
- Then reboot your pc again, run Internet Explorer…and you are done!!!
2 thoughts on “How to Install Internet Explorer 7.0 Bypassing Genuine Windows Validation…”
You might want to edit the spacing on step 7 — if you are not facing this problem then just go to step [emoticon]